Friday 5 October 2012

Mara Shawl

 
 
Ta dah!
 
This is actually the second Mara Shawl that I started - the first has been waiting patiently in the knitting basket while I finished off this one.
 
Pattern::   Mara Shawl
Yarn::      Jo Sharp Silkroad Aran Tweed
Colour::   Posie (It's been sitting in my cupboard for 10 years, waiting...waiting...)
Needles::  5mm
Yardage::  approximately 900m
 
I love love love knitting this pattern!
 
I did make two changes to the original pattern, though. First, I knitted it in stocking stitch as I am not a garter stitch lover. Second, for the increases at the centre spine, I chose not to YO but instead used M1R and M1L as suggested in knitloon's project notes.
 
Now I love love love this shawl!!
 
The only problem is, it is going to a new home tomorrow. As a gift. To a beautiful buddie who certainly deserves it.
 
And that is why I have already ordered some more wool so I can make one for myself. Yay!! A new project!!!
 
What are your working on today?
 
 
Sam xx
 
 
 


9 comments:

  1. That is gorgeous. You're knitting is so beautiful, it's lovely to stop in and see what pieces you've created.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A well worthy Ta Dah too Sam! Its just gorgeous, well done you clever wee thing! Love the colour, I'm sure your friend is going to love it.
    It's starting to warm up here now, I can't imagine playing with wool anymore, but then that's probably why I'm not a great knitter. cheers Wendy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Wendy. I always seem to take a break from knitting in the hot months but we're not there yet so I am taking full advantage of the cooler weather while it lasts!

      Delete
  3. Oh, that shawl looks so cosy. I love, love, love it too. It's so generous of you to gift it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's very easy to be generous when the person you are giving the gift to has an extremely generous heart in the first place!

      Delete
  4. The shawl is beautiful Sam. I started to knit a scarf yesterday while sitting at Netball. One of the mums made one in two hours using this new wool called Togari Mesh. Even I could do that. Not as clever as your shawl. They kind of knit themselves and one ball equals one scarf. Make great pressies for end of year kindy teachers and aides. All ready starting to think of 'that' time of year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I know! And my problem is that Miss M has two teachers and two EAs!

      Delete