We went to two parties this weekend, both parties for 4-year-old girls. One was an indoors party. The other wasn't. One was themed - a 'pat a rabbit' party. The other wasn't. Both were held on large blocks; 'rabbits' on 5 acres, the other on 2.5 acres.
With these experiences fresh in my mind, here is my list of....
10 Things I learnt this weekend about Birthday parties!
- A themed and highly organised party of children's activities is not necessarily a better way;
- A themed party can end up with the Birthday child being inundated with themed presents - rabbit necklace, rabbit shirt, rabbit slippers.....!
- Two parties in one weekend is definitely enough!
- You can't have too many healthy party foods (dare I say 'rabbit food'?) and can have too much cake;
- Four pony rides does not decrease a child's interest in horses;
- An indoor party when the house is on 5 acres is perhaps not the best use of space;
- Some fancy dress rabbit suits for adults have a tendency to look decidedly demonic;
- A grown man in a rabbit suit is not cute in the eyes of hysterical four-year-olds;
- A very effective way to clear a room is to put a grown man in a rabbit suit!
- I am allergic to rabbits!
What is your idea of the best birthday party for kids?