Thursday 7 February 2013

New Knitting



It's official - I do not like garter stitch!

Actually, it's my hands that don't like it. After casting on my latest knitting project, Line Break, and knitting 20 rows or more, my hands cramped up. So, frog it I did, casting on again and knitting the shawl in stocking stitch.

Ahhhh! That's better!!

This yarn is Madeline Tosh Merino Light in Luster, one of my online yarn purchase colour mishaps*, but it's perfect for this project and for its intended recipient.

I'm just about to begin the short row section for the first time - and for my first time ever doing short rows!

And I'm having fun!


Sam xx


PS The plums in the photo are one of my roadside farm stall finds - I have plummy plans in mind!

* Obviously, I did NOT learn that lesson!


1 comment:

  1. I don't mind garter stitch in bursts, and I love how it looks, but it always seems such slow progress. I love the colour of your yarn, can't wait to see the finished shawl. x

    ReplyDelete