Sunday 10 June 2012

Winter Salad

I was feeling the need for a bit of salad yesterday, so I was delighted when I ventured out to the vegie patch to discover that our lettuce is booming..... that is, the lettuce that Miss M didn't rip out when she 'harvested' last week!



One of my favourite salads at the moment is one that I threw together myself when playing with the ingredients I had available one day last summer. This is its winter form, as in summer I include a luscious yellow peach or two. Nectarines also work well. But the winter form is yum, nevertheless, and this is the ingredient combination I always come back to.

Lettuce greens
mini Grape tomatoes (I think these taste so much better than cherry toms)
red capsicum
thinly sliced red onion
rocket (it grows wild in out garden, now!)
crumbled danish feta
sultanas



Yummy yummo!

Excuse me, please, while I have a little munch!

Sam xx

1 comment:

  1. Oh, that does look yummy and it has me dreaming of Summer, bbq's and salads. Will just have to be patient .....

    Hope you are enjoying the weekend,

    Claire :}

    ReplyDelete