Thursday 23 August 2012

Strawberry Jam!

One of the (few) bonuses of G's job is that he drives through strawberry growing country every now and again, and yesterday he came home with 2 1/2 kilos of strawberries - for only $10!

Right, then. Strawberry jam it is - a little bit of the promise of spring, using Sally Wise's recipe from her book, A Year in a Bottle.



 
Yum!!
 
I love making jam. When I first made it, Miss M was just a wee babe, and I would make the jam at night so her needs would not be interrupted, and neither would my jam making! Five years on and I'm glad it is easier, but I am still intrigued by the whole process.
 
And now I'm off to cuddle the twins who are today's coughing and spluttering Kids on the Couch. 
 
I hope you are having a lovely day!!
 
 
Sam xx
 

1 comment:

  1. Yum Sam. some coming our way???? I might get motivated and make some myself. Strawberry Jam is the Favourite type of jam in my house. And home made jam is ten times better than the generic shop stuff

    ReplyDelete