Thursday 25 July 2013

Yarn Along



Something else cultural that I managed to experience while in Perth during the school holidays last week was, well, I read a book. These book reading moments have been scarce of late, so I took to the task with relish and read "Burial Rites" by Hannah Kent in three days.
 
It's good. Very good.
 
And there's knitting in it, too which is understandable given that the characters are holed up in Icelandic winters with little to do.... keeping hands from being idle. For very powerful reasons!
 
I loved it, I cried over it, I recommend it. So very, very well written by a talented young Australian writer.
 
 
Next to 'Burial Rites', in the photo, lies my tikkiknits Darwinia dress I am making for Miss M. It's quite a lot further along than this photo indicates as I took the shot in Perth and left the novel behind for Dad to read.
 
 
For my next reading adventure, I have been seduced by the recommendations of @cypressfoss on instagram #book_chat, that 'The Tenant of Wildfell Hall' by Anne Bronte is one of her all-time classic favourites - I have purchased a copy online and am awaiting its arrival. Impatiently!
 
If you are on instagram and love books, #book_chat is a hashtag book club you need to discover - with giveaways!
 
It's so very good to be reading again!
 
 
Joining in with other Yarn Along sharing here.
 
 
xx

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful shade of purple! And so nice to have that time to relax and read. Some days there just are not enough hours in the day to squeeze it all in, right? Happy that you enjoyed!

    ReplyDelete