Tuesday 30 April 2013

Yarny Stuff

When in Perth there are a certain number of very necessary visits to make. One, as I wrote about yesterday, is a visit to the hairdresser (sob again!). The other trip of upmost importance is a visit to my favourite yarn shop, Crossways Wool and Fabric, in Subiaco.

Oooh, I do love to go there and have a good sticky! Pauline and her highly skilled and experienced assistants always keep this shop well stocked with a variety of products and colour ranges, and it's always fun to check out what new and lovely yarny stuff they have in store.


 
 
 
What was particularly exciting for me this time was that I had a rather lovely voucher from Christmas to spend, and spend it I did! My first priority was to stock up on yarn for my misnamed 'Stash-busting Hexi Blanket'. You know, the one that I was working on last year? The one that was meant to help me use up all my 8ply leftovers? The one that is evidently anything but a stash buster??
 
 
 
I also picked up a couple of skeins of a rather luscious Aslan Llama and Mulberry Silk worsted in a plummy colour. Mmmmmmm!
 
Ahhh. Look at those colours! I can't wait to get them home and get cracking on some hexis again. But it shall all have to wait a little while longer for I have a Line Break shawl to finish, not to mention the two girlie dinners I have to attend in the next few evenings....
 
Yay for holidays!
 
xx

3 comments:

  1. Looks like a great shop to visit and how nice to have a voucher to use, yippee.....Oh, plummy coloured yarn sounds delicious. Enjoy those dinners....

    Claire x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One dinner (and lots of gossip down) and one to go....

      Delete